You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » REVEALED: Eddie Davies bailed out Bolton days before his death

REVEALED: Eddie Davies bailed out Bolton days before his death

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Sluffy

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ken was contacting Eddie Davies asking him for money  however people want to phrase it.Bridging loans are short term loans at high interest rates, just the sort of loan that Deano was criticised for landing the club with.Will the Deano haters criticise Ken for taking one out

There's a huge difference between the two events - and I'm sure you know it too - Holdsworth took out a loan secured against something he seemingly never had the authority to do so, so in effect had nothing much to lose if he defaulted (not to mention how he first creamed off £1 million for his trouble and jacked up the interest rate to the club to 30%, whilst Anderson has put his 96% ownership of the club on the line if he doesn't pay it back.

Holdsworth has taken at least £1.5 million out of the club whilst even the most blinkered of the anti-Anderson supporters could only come up with the whole Anderson family possibly taking out just half of that amount, whilst potentially wasting his last three years of his and his sons life at the club and walking away with no more than that.

BoltonTillIDie

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Former Bolton Wanderers owner Eddie Davies gave the club a £5m loan to help them avoid administration four days before his death, it has emerged.

Documents filed at Companies House show Davies signed off the loan on 7 September, four days before he died.

The money was used to pay off Bolton's main creditor BluMarble Capital Ltd, who rejected a first repayment offer.

It meant the Championship side avoided a 12-point deduction and a transfer ban from the English Football League.

When contacted by BBC Sport, the club said it would be making no comment "at this moment in time".

Davies, who was 72, helped bankroll the Trotters' emergence in the Premier League during the 2000s after first joining the club's board of directors in 1999.

He stepped down as chairman when the club was bought by Sports Shield and chairman Ken Anderson's Inner Circle Investments in 2016, with Davies writing off in the region of £175m worth of loans to allow the takeover to progress.

Anderson acquired Sports Shield's shares in the club after it went into liquidation in August 2017.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I've seen some very stupid comments on Facebook today. I can't get over how stupid some of our fans are.

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
More stupid than Parky out? I’m doubtful.

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Absolutely nasty pieces of work, using a mans death to try further their agenda.

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You should have named and shamed LT!!!

Leeds_Trotter

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I'm not one for naming and shaming when people can't reply.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I don't want Parky sacked, I just don't think he's doing any better than 7/10.I expected to be promoted and fair enough, I expected to be relegated but that was without knowing there would be 3 awful teams in the league who all got less than 42 points.Normally id be targetting 50 points to survive in this division, we were very fortunate to survive with only 43.

I think the guy at Wigan who won the 3rd tier title with 98 points and knocked Manchester City, Bournemouth and West Ham out of the FA Cup last season is doing a better job than Parky.

Sluffy

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Absolutely nasty pieces of work, using a mans death to try further their agenda.

Fully agree LT

Anybody spot the similarity?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Blackmailing a dying man to stay in power?

Wow.

Rolling Eyes

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Absolutely nasty pieces of work, using a mans death to try further their agenda.

Fully agree LT

Anybody spot the similarity?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Blackmailing a dying man to stay in power?

Wow.

Rolling Eyes

One can spell and the other can't?

Or doesn't that further your agenda?

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum