You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton 0-1 Swansea

Bolton 0-1 Swansea

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sat Nov 10 2018, 18:40

bryan458

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Not really much to add from my last few weeks comments, apart from congratulations Parky on making history !!!

32 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sat Nov 10 2018, 18:46

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The manager has to go.

No quality, no spirit, no urgency, no fucking goals.

This squad have had every attacking instinct slowly squeezed out of them with this shitty defensive mentality.

But fuck me, for a defensive team we a fucking crap at defending. Even Olkowski seems to have lowered himself to default BWFC standards.

We miss Karl Henry big time. We don't have a leader, it's just 11 strangers running around like headless chickens.

Henry, Morais & Le Fondre all released and not a single replacement is fit to lace their boots.

Come on Ken, get rid of Parky tonight. Don't give him another transfer window to bring in even more dross.
Don't hold back Nat... tell us what you really think! (and you are right)

33 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sat Nov 10 2018, 19:03

bryan458

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
IMO
Parky has now moved to next to bottom of the BWFC managers League table, replacing Coyle next to bottom, just ahead of Dougie.

Are BWFC going for the record of how many of the shitist managers they can employ in one decade ?????

34 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sat Nov 10 2018, 19:03

MartinBWFC

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The manager has to go.

No quality, no spirit, no urgency, no fucking goals.

This squad have had every attacking instinct slowly squeezed out of them with this shitty defensive mentality.

But fuck me, for a defensive team we a fucking crap at defending. Even Olkowski seems to have lowered himself to default BWFC standards.

We miss Karl Henry big time. We don't have a leader, it's just 11 strangers running around like headless chickens.

Henry, Morais & Le Fondre all released and not a single replacement is fit to lace their boots.

Come on Ken, get rid of Parky tonight. Don't give him another transfer window to bring in even more dross.
Cannot disagree with any of those statements, and to add to the ineptness why was Alnwick captain? how can he control play? why does Magennis take throw ins when he should be on the end of them? all down to a clueless manager with no idea on how to change things.

35 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sat Nov 10 2018, 19:24

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Depressing, and difficult to see how it gets any better with the options available and no chance of investment. Parky and his team have done an outstanding job for the club both on and off the pitch, but it can’t get any worse at this point and a change may at least bring some energy back to the club short term?

Clutching at straws though to be honest, attracting a decent manager to a basket case club will be nigh on impossible.

Think we’re screwed.

36 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sat Nov 10 2018, 19:41

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The manager has to go.

No quality, no spirit, no urgency, no fucking goals.

This squad have had every attacking instinct slowly squeezed out of them with this shitty defensive mentality.

But fuck me, for a defensive team we a fucking crap at defending. Even Olkowski seems to have lowered himself to default BWFC standards.

We miss Karl Henry big time. We don't have a leader, it's just 11 strangers running around like headless chickens.

Henry, Morais & Le Fondre all released and not a single replacement is fit to lace their boots.

Come on Ken, get rid of Parky tonight. Don't give him another transfer window to bring in even more dross.

I think the real player we’re missing is Madine, Donaldson not up to it for me.

37 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sat Nov 10 2018, 20:05

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I'm not sure what can be done at this point.
As for this game we were beaten by a world class blast....but they didn't kill us otherwise.
We were better with Ameobi in the side. Beevers distribution from the back is laughable. I lost track of how many times it was hoofed right out of play or nowhere near a white shirt.
And we still insist on back passing to the keeper who then hoofs it up the park. Turning over possession right away.
Change of manager would be best but only if we get somebody with forward thinking ideas. 
As others have said...who would want the job.

38 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sat Nov 10 2018, 20:21

MartinBWFC

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Change of manager would be best but only if we get somebody with forward thinking ideas. 
As others have said...who would want the job.
There won't be a shortage of good managers wanting the job, we need a manager that can organise and drill them, a leader, a tactician and a manager that can make changes in game, there's plenty out there that will do a much better job than Parkinson has.

39 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sat Nov 10 2018, 20:25

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Change of manager would be best but only if we get somebody with forward thinking ideas. 
As others have said...who would want the job.
There won't be a shortage of good managers wanting the job, we need a manager that can organise and drill them, a leader, a tactician and a manager that can make changes in game, there's plenty out there that will do a much better job than Parkinson has.

Who exactly do you think is going to want this job?

40 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sat Nov 10 2018, 20:49

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Silence is deafening as always Martin, you’re just a load of hot air.

41 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sat Nov 10 2018, 21:01

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
In truth I think all the elements of a genuinely competitive side are there but Phil seems unable to figure out how to use them properly. Most of all though the lack of goals is killing us and it really shouldn't be happening. We created an awful lot of chances today but no one was on the end of the final ball far too often while it looked to me like the strikers were almost afraid to shoot when they did have the chance. Sammy did a great job but to all intents and purposes he was on his own in the final third all day. That HAS to stop and frankly the lack of confidence shown by our attacking players must be laid at the manager's door.

I find myself agreeing with Martin, I think there are some good currently unemployed managers out there who would look at our current squad and see real potential. We already know we can play much better than this thanks to how we started the season and our failure to do so for so long can'r be laid anywhere but at Phil's feet. It's time for a change.

42 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sat Nov 10 2018, 21:04

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
LPP do you honestly think this team has a striker up to leading the line in this league? Two unproven at this level and one 36 year old?

Who are these good out of work managers who’d take this job? Bruce, for example, has never taken a job without strong financial support.

43 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sat Nov 10 2018, 21:26

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:LPP do you honestly think this team has a striker up to leading the line in this league? Two unproven at this level and one 36 year old?

Who are these good out of work managers who’d take this job? Bruce, for example, has never taken a job without strong financial support.
Honestly TROY I think Doidge COULD do it with better support from midfield. I also think that Magennis has ability but that confidence has become an all pervading issue for practically everyone. Personally I don't know exactly who would take the job but whether or not there's a lot of money in the pot might be less of an issue than you might think. For one thing our situation is well known to both the fans and the wider footballing community so expectations have been lowered accordingly. Keeping us up from here would be deemed a success and doing so could only bolster a manager's reputation. I believe Bruce could do it but he's not alone. I honestly think we have the quality to stay up but Phil's run out of ideas and belief which shows in both his team selections and his tactical approach. I wish we didn't need to change manager, I hate to see anyone sacked but in truth I don't think we can afford to go on as we are.

44 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sat Nov 10 2018, 21:46

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
As I said earlier changing manager is probably the only option we have, but Martin’s notion that good managers will be queuing up is nonsense.

45 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sat Nov 10 2018, 22:16

Cajunboy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Ken's next pep talk to the fans should be interesting.

46 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sat Nov 10 2018, 22:29

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Why are we hammering strikers who only play for twenty minutes max? you need to play into form so Doidge has no chance he needs to play regularly in a settled side same for any striker. The three we are judging may not be good enough, however they have only played as one up front or a cameo last 10 minutes? hardly fair to judge.

47 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sun Nov 11 2018, 00:19

NickFazer

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
By and large I have supported Parky so far but his inability to pick a settled side has a lot to do with our predicament imo. The constant wholesale changes don't give the team any opportunity to gel and those plcked know there is a fifty fifty chance they will be on the bench for the next game.

Set your stall out Parky and  pick eleven for the next six games and stick with it, injuries and suspensions permitting. Most successful teams have settled linev ups ffs.

48 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sun Nov 11 2018, 06:09

Dunkels King

avatar
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Do you think some of the players are just going through the motions due to the (alleged) ongoing problem with wages being paid on time ? I don't get how we can go from getting great results against West Brom and Derby, and come back from 2-0 down at Preston, to the shit we have seen in the last half dozen games. I watched some of the game on iPlayer yesterday at work and I really had to switch it off. We are abysmal. I have never seen us look so shit as we do at the moment, not even last season where we spent 99% of the season in the bottom three.

49 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sun Nov 11 2018, 08:43

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:As I said earlier changing manager is probably the only option we have, but Martin’s notion that good managers will be queuing up is nonsense.

I don't think there will be big name managers queuing up, but there will be good managers after the job.

There will be plenty of good managers in Leagues 1 & 2 who will see Bolton as a massive step up. And that's exactly what we need, a manager who knows players in the lower leagues and can spot the ones who can play at a higher level.

Any manager that brings just a tiny bit of success to Bolton can virtually write his own ticket for his next job.

50 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sun Nov 11 2018, 09:15

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Why are we hammering strikers who only play for twenty minutes max? you need to play into form so Doidge has no chance he needs to play regularly in a settled side same for any striker. The three we are judging may not be good enough, however they have only played as one up front or a cameo last 10 minutes? hardly fair to judge.

Just to be clear, I like doidge I think he should be starting - but he is unproven. And my point was more to say that I don’t think it’s a given that Parkinson has all the tools at his disposal to have a mid table side. If we scrape survival it’s another superb achievement.

51 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sun Nov 11 2018, 09:16

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:As I said earlier changing manager is probably the only option we have, but Martin’s notion that good managers will be queuing up is nonsense.

I don't think there will be big name managers queuing up, but there will be good managers after the job.

There will be plenty of good managers in Leagues 1 & 2 who will see Bolton as a massive step up. And that's exactly what we need, a manager who knows players in the lower leagues and can spot the ones who can play at a higher level.

Any manager that brings just a tiny bit of success to Bolton can virtually write his own ticket for his next job.

Difficult to say, but I remember the list of names when Parky was appointed. Can’t see it being too different now to be honest, if anything we had more potential as a top league one side than a basket case championship side.

52 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sun Nov 11 2018, 10:02

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I knew before i set out from home yesterday that we would get beat and they didn't disappoint! Parky has to go now, 1 win in 13 and 4 home games without a goal. KA has to act now during the international break.
There may not be big name managers clamouring for the job but it's that bad now we just need anyone in, a change of voice as the players are being stifled. No one apart from Oztumer wants to show for the ball and pass forward, the rest are just happy to pass sideways and backwards, their confidence is shot to pieces by negative tactics and not having a settled team.

The formation at home doesn't help either, why can't Parky see a 4231 at home is just too defensive? We haven't scored at home for 4 games now and i can't see where the next goal is coming from. If Ameobi hadn't played yesterday then we wouldn't have had a shot on target all game.

I also heard for the first time abuse aimed at the Andersons yesterday coming from knobhead corner and it's only going to get more toxic if Parky stays. The 4 tickets for £10 worked well didn't it KA? Fans wont come for even a fiver with the negative dross being served up at the moment.

53 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sun Nov 11 2018, 11:18

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Difficult to say, but I remember the list of names when Parky was appointed. Can’t see it being too different now to be honest, if anything we had more potential as a top league one side than a basket case championship side.

The list is always the same for any Championship club sacking their manager, and sadly most clubs pick from that list.

We need to find a lower league manager with a bit of style. I have no idea who is manager at the following clubs - Accrington, Luton, Colchester, Tranmere etc but all are doing well on limited budgets and gates. And no one can deny the Cowley brothers have done an amazing job at Lincoln.

Would any of the current managers of those clubs turn down the Bolton job? I doubt it.

54 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sun Nov 11 2018, 11:25

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

And no one can deny the Cowley brothers have done an amazing job at Lincoln.

Heavily linked with the Ipswich job in the summer, instead they extended their contracts to 2022, personally I doubt we could attract them. I do agree with you though, much prefer us to take a gamble on a lower league manager than pick up the likes of Cotterill for instance.

55 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sun Nov 11 2018, 11:32

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Heavily linked with the Ipswich job in the summer, instead they extended their contracts to 2022, personally I doubt we could attract them.

I only put that in to excite Martin.

56 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sun Nov 11 2018, 11:41

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Crying into his Parky out bedsheet now no doubt.

57 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sun Nov 11 2018, 11:46

okocha

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: I don't get how we can go from getting great results against West Brom and Derby, and come back from 2-0 down at Preston, to the shit we have seen in the last half dozen games. 

Agreed....and went to Reading to see us comfortably superior in that match too. Came away from that game thinking that our season was going to be stress-free.
Our new signings looked a step up from the players we discarded, there seemed to be a plan, everyone knew their role and carried it out confidently. What has happened since?

58 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sun Nov 11 2018, 12:14

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Our new signings looked a step up from the players we discarded, there seemed to be a plan, everyone knew their role and carried it out confidently. What has happened since?

5 changes every week happened.

59 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sun Nov 11 2018, 15:49

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Considering it was supposed to be a day celebrating grown men going to war and dying for their countries I thought some of the Swansea players were nothing short of fucking pathetic, rolling around as though they'd been shot.

But with that mini rant out the way, I thought Parkinson's assistant made some good points on the radio before the match. You just can't win unless you're winning basically.

We've had managers that set up positively, to win matches then when we got battered, it was his fault because we're too open, and we need a McCarthy, Pulis type - someone to steady the ship, organise the defence etc. Well at the minute, that's exactly the sort of manager we've got. It ain't working right now, no doubt about it, but if we were playing the other extreme style and getting the same results, Parky would be just the guy people would be wanting us to bring in.

60 Re: Bolton 0-1 Swansea on Sun Nov 11 2018, 16:00

MartinBWFC

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

We've had managers that set up positively, to win matches then when we got battered, it was his fault because we're too open, and we need a McCarthy, Pulis type - someone to steady the ship, organise the defence etc. Well at the minute, that's exactly the sort of manager we've got. It ain't working right now, no doubt about it, but if we were playing the other extreme style and getting the same results, Parky would be just the guy people would be wanting us to bring in.

You're not seriously comparing Parkinson to McCarthy or Pulis are you? I have seen no defensive organisation, nor have I seen any type of organisation, and to say that what we need is another Parkinson type well that's just laughable, tell me this, how many Championship clubs will be clamouring for Parkinson's leadership?

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum