You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton 1-1 Wigan

Bolton 1-1 Wigan

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Wed Nov 28 2018, 20:47

MartinBWFC

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Big game for Parkinson this one, I do feel we lose this Parkinson gets sacked because it will turn proper toxic, the way Wigan play will outfox Parkinson's one dimensional hoofball.

0-2

2 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Wed Nov 28 2018, 21:31

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Wigan winning easily tonight.

I can only see a home defeat, with us getting "nil".

3 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Wed Nov 28 2018, 21:36

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Wigan winning easily tonight.

I can only see a home defeat, with us getting "nil".
BTW - If that's you, a gorgeous picture.  If it is not you, it is still a gorgeous picture.        Back to football... 2 goals in 9 games... enough said!

4 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Wed Nov 28 2018, 21:37

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Creepy.

5 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Wed Nov 28 2018, 21:55

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I feel strongly that it's time for Parky to ditch all the pisspoor wingers and give Little a chance on the right.

He might not be the best defender in the world but he was behind a lot of our attacks last season.

But we all know that won't happen, it'll probably be Noone seeing as he wasn't even in the squad at Wendesday.

6 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Wed Nov 28 2018, 22:01

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I feel strongly that it's time for Parky to ditch all the pisspoor wingers and give Little a chance on the right.

He might not be the best defender in the world but he was behind a lot of our attacks last season.

But we all know that won't happen, it'll probably be Noone seeing as he wasn't even in the squad at Wendesday.
Don't forget Buckley. Our secret weapon.

7 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Wed Nov 28 2018, 22:02

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Drastic change needed for Saturday, Oz has to start - we’re appalling on the ball without him.

Id also start Doidge for Magennis (somehow he looks shot to me).

8 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Wed Nov 28 2018, 22:04

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Drastic change needed for Saturday, Oz has to start - we’re appalling on the ball without him.

Id also start Doidge for Magennis (somehow he looks shot to me).
Agree. Not sure if Magennis is shot, or just simply demoralised.

Just noticed Villa and Forest drew 5 all. That's almost as many goals as we've scored all season. In 90 minutes.

9 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Wed Nov 28 2018, 23:54

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
It won't matter who plays while Phil is in charge. We'll lose. He's killed the player's confidence and now he can't do a thing to get it back. Largely because he kept dropping guys who'd had a decent game in early season and keeps playing the same stupid tactics game in game out. I predict wigan 3 - 0 bolton.

10 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Thu Nov 29 2018, 11:12

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Can't see us winning and i think it will be the straw that broke the camels back and KA will get his finger out and sack Parky.

11 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Thu Nov 29 2018, 11:19

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Yep! It will be another shit show!

12 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Thu Nov 29 2018, 11:36

rammywhite

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Agree with all of the above.Wigan will cut us to shreds.
0-3

13 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Thu Nov 29 2018, 12:30

MartinBWFC

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
But they have a bigger budget so we're expected to get beat, well that'll be Parkinson's excuse.

14 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:06

Growler


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
The last time we won a match was because Derby hadn't recovered from a Wednesday night match at Old Trafford.We now have the advantage of Wigan playing a tough local derby on a Wednesday night before they come to us.We shouldn't lose.

15 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:09

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Famous last words Growler  Very Happy

16 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:11

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The last time we won a match was because Derby hadn't recovered from a Wednesday night match at Old Trafford.We now have the advantage of Wigan playing a tough local derby on a Wednesday night before they come to us.We shouldn't lose.

Whilst I agree, we won't have recovered from Tuesday night against Sheff Weds! Mad

17 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:13

MartinBWFC

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Whilst I agree, we won't have recovered from Tuesday night against Sheff Weds! Mad
We still haven't recovered from our win against Derby in September.

18 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:14

Ten Bobsworth


David Lee
David Lee
Too many players in our squad are not up to the standard needed to compete at Championship level and I'm doubtful that Parky can turn it round however he shuffles the pack. After one or two fluke victories we've been consistently losing to some of the poorer sides in this division and though we  might just win the odd game here and there its hard to see us being away from the bottom three all season without significant change.

Ken's had to work hard but he's also had his fair share of luck to get us this far. He might need a bit more to get someone on board with money to spend in January and turn this season round, if its not too late by then.

19 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:24

MartinBWFC

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Too many players in our squad are not up to the standard needed to compete at Championship level and I'm doubtful that Parky can turn it round however he shuffles the pack. After one or two fluke victories we've been consistently losing to some of the poorer sides in this division and though we  might just win the odd game here and there its hard to see us being away from the bottom three all season without significant change.

Ken's had to work hard but he's also had his fair share of luck to get us this far. He might need a bit more to get someone on board with money to spend in January and turn this season round, if its not too late by then.
I disagree we have players that have played most of their careers at this level, but if they're not getting played or being overlooked then you have to question the mentality of the man who signed them, we have a decent squad and a team that should comfortably be sat in mid table, yet we have a manager that sounds happy when we only lose 1-0, his mentality is weak, his outlook is weak, his tactics are weak, and his motivational skills are non existent all in all he is an average lower league manager.

20 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:50

Ten Bobsworth


David Lee
David Lee
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Too many players in our squad are not up to the standard needed to compete at Championship level and I'm doubtful that Parky can turn it round however he shuffles the pack. After one or two fluke victories we've been consistently losing to some of the poorer sides in this division and though we  might just win the odd game here and there its hard to see us being away from the bottom three all season without significant change.

Ken's had to work hard but he's also had his fair share of luck to get us this far. He might need a bit more to get someone on board with money to spend in January and turn this season round, if its not too late by then.
I disagree we have players that have played most of their careers at this level, but if they're not getting played or being overlooked then you have to question the mentality of the man who signed them, we have a decent squad and a team that should comfortably be sat in mid table, yet we have a manager that sounds happy when we only lose 1-0, his mentality is weak, his outlook is weak, his tactics are weak, and his motivational skills are non existent all in all he is an average lower league manager.
I agree that we have a nucleus that should be able to compete at this level but we also have too many that have been discarded by other clubs because they weren't up to the standard they needed. Its not hard, for example, to see why the Canaries got shut of Wildschut.

Could another manager have done any better with them? Maybe but it seems clear that its not working now and another defeat on Saturday may just be the final straw. I hope that somehow we manage to get another win and that we don't get detached before January comes.

21 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Fri Nov 30 2018, 08:59

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ref Watch: Simon Hooper to oversee Saturday's derby clash with Wigan Athletic

Referee Simon Hooper will oversee the Whites weekend clash against local rivals Wigan Athletic in the Sky Bet Championship.

Entering into his 12th season as a top flight referee, Hooper has officiated 12 games so far this year, in which he has produced 38 yellow cards and a two red cards.

His last game was certianly one to remember, as he officiated the 5-5 draw between Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest on Wednesday evening.

When looking towards last season, Hooper produced 129 yellow cards in 42 games, branding six red cards in total.

The last time Hooper was in charge a Wanderers match was in November 2017, where he oversaw Wanderers 0-0 away draw against Preston North End in Sky Bet Championship.

In that fixture, Hooper booked five players in the form of Paul Huntington and Andy Boyle for the Lilywhites, along with Mark Beevers, Sammy Ameobi and Karl Henry for the Whites.

Edward Smart and Andrew Halliday will run the line for the fixture, with Darren Drysdale as fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

22 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Fri Nov 30 2018, 09:11

Growler


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I think not paying our players on time takes away the advantage we have over an extra days rest.Some of our players are unlikely to be giving 100% due to not getting paid.

23 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Fri Nov 30 2018, 09:13

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think not paying our players on time takes away the advantage we have over an extra days rest.Some of our players are unlikely to be giving 100% due to not getting paid.

You're right, some might not even play because they'll be busy queuing at the local food bank.

24 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Sat Dec 01 2018, 01:14

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Thirteen Championship teams have conceded more goals than us so defensively we’re a top half club.
Tells the story right there.

25 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Sat Dec 01 2018, 02:25

observer


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
What score did we lose by and who didn't score for us?  Saves time and energy on Saturday!

26 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Sat Dec 01 2018, 10:45

BoltonTillIDie

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'll try and stream the game today...KP will no doubt do the radio stream Very Happy

27 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Sat Dec 01 2018, 14:08

MartinBWFC

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Alnwick, Taylor, Beevers, Hobbs, Olkowski, Buckley, Lowe, J Williams, Noone, Ameobi, Doidge              Subs: Matthews, Vela, Oztumer, Wilson, Magennis, Wildschut, Wheater


Fucking awful team put out there, no creativity whatsoever.

28 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Sat Dec 01 2018, 14:33

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal guys! Smile

29 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Sat Dec 01 2018, 15:11

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Did we just score then? Shocked

30 Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan on Sat Dec 01 2018, 15:36

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Back to normal now! Very Happy

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum